- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a climate change related science (i.e., engineering, environmental science, geography, planning/policy, etc.).
- 10+ years of experience in the area of climate change, asset and natural resource management, hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Demonstrated experience developing organizational policies, programs and guidance documents – pertaining to vulnerability, risk assessment, resilience and adaptation.
- Experience developing Climate Change plans.
- Proficiency in climate change assessment and adaptation tools – risk assessment software, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams to address climate change related problems in a variety of sectors (i.e. water and wastewater utilities, natural systems, transportation, etc.)
- Experience working with the public, community agencies, public organizations, and industry focusing on environmental programs and climate adaptation planning.
- Experience with developing and designing communication and outreach materials and delivering high-level presentations.
- Leverage a high industry profile to provide leadership in the growth and development of Climate Change Adaptation practice within KSA.
- Lead, implement and manage all aspects of climate change vulnerability and risk assessments that consider an array of climate impacts, including sea level rise, precipitation, and temperature
- Develop climate adaptation plans and strategies focused on built infrastructure and the natural environment.
- Contribute to engineering designs, Environmental Impact Assessment and other studies in the context of climate change.
- Exhibit a depth of understanding of local, regional, and national policies and guidance related to climate science and climate change adaptation planning.
- Act as an advisor in the climate science arena, remain active in the relevant academic, scientific, and professional community through presentations and participation in relevant seminars, conferences and symposiums and other activities.
- Develop business activities in the climate science, climate change adaptation, and sustainability market sectors at the local and national scales.
Candidate Required : 1