- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Environmental Studies, or related field, with an understanding of basic environmental, geology, and chemistry concepts.
- At least 5 years of experience using Esris ArcGIS software.
- Experience with cartographic principles, digital map production, hard copy presentations, and QA/QC.
- Strong understanding of spatial data concepts, projection systems, data management, geodatabases, georeferencing, and digitization, including proficiency with geospatial data files (.shp, .gdb, KML/KMZ, .dwg).
- Ability to work with data, solves problems, and identifies innovative ways to approach tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to rapidly-changing project needs and deadlines while tracking time spent.
- Ability to follow instruction with minimal oversight and complete tasks efficiently.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst (ArcScene), QGIS, and/or MS Access.
- Experience in environmental consulting.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience using graphic design programs such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Processing data and preparing figures at the direction of technical staff, for a broad range of projects.
- Importing data from MS Excel and Access databases into ArcGIS and plotting, projecting, and symbolizing such data.
- Updating figure-related databases and project files, including GPS and surveyor-provided coordinates, aerial photographs, legacy basemap files, and other project-specific data.
- Preparing figures to be consistent with company standards, including large format figures.
- Version control of figures and data files.
- Supporting technical staff that also uses GIS, including training staff in GIS basics and techniques on an as-needed basis.
Candidate Required : 1